Quite possibly one of our family favorites is Sweet Potato Fries and we enjoy them with a number of different meals. I discovered this watching Five Ingredient Fix a few months ago.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (1 large orange works well)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (plus 2 extra teaspoons)
- Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste (I use a little more because we like the heat)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch square strips (fry shape) and put them into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the orange juice, 1 tablespoon of oil, salt & pepper (to taste), ground ginger and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, whisking until reduced to a thick consistency. Remove from the stove, and pour over the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Rub a rimmed non-stick baking sheet with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil (or use silocone liners). Arrange the fries on the baking sheet and bake until brown (usually about 25 minutes) and turn them after about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the fries from the pan, serve, and enjoy!