A couple of years ago we ran across an amazing recipe with a great cut of meat – the sirloin tip roast. I typically pick up a couple of 3 lb sirloin tip roasts on sale ($10-$13 each) and freeze them until we are ready. Your family will love this recipe. If you want it with less heat, consider reducing or eliminating the red pepper.
- 1 ¼ tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 pound) sirloin tip roast
1. In a small bowl, mix the paprika, kosher salt, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, and thyme. Stir in the olive oil, and allow the mixture to sit about 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
3. Place the roast on the prepared baking sheet, and cover on all sides with the spice mixture.
4. Roast 1 hour in the preheated oven, or to a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 degrees C). Let sit 15 minutes before slicing.
I’d love to hear about your variations or discoveries with this recipe. Enjoy!